Looking for something really special for the one who loves all things Hermès but can’t yet afford (or locate) a Birkin or a Kelly? Well, I know exactly how you feel, since they are only so many silk scarves or bottles of perfumes, however nice they might be, that you can keep buying. So without further ado, here are 5 quirky gift ideas from the French luxury house.
01. Inspired by the micro patterns you see on Hermès’ ties, the Tie-Set is a new collection of porcelain tableware that you can mix and match as you go along. Pick a plate, pick a cup, mix and match, you get the idea. A pretty extensive line-up in a variety of colours, start with something small, like the tumblers above which are GBP65 each.
02. Known simply as the ‘bracelet in Tadelakt calfskin and palladium-finish metal’, this fancy piece of wrist candy is an interpretation of riding harnesses that are on display in the Émile Hermès museum at Paris’ Faubourg Saint-Honore. Available in a variety of colours (SGD950 each), its clean lines make it perfect for the chic woman into all things minimal.
03. You all know that Hermès is famed for its beautifully printed wallpaper, but because most of us don’t have enough walls to have everything covered, here’s something smaller to start with. A collection of printed papers that come presented in a beautiful orange box (SGD185), you can use them for placemats, to wrap books with, fold origami or even write little notes of love on.
04. If you’re an avid reader of this blog, you’ll already know about the Passant Long Wallet. Presenting the Passant that’s also perfect for Christmas/CNY and everything else in-between, it’s embedded with a woven canvas in bright happy colours (SGD3450). The wallet’s already a winner; the added canvas detail just makes it even better.
05. Move over Supreme, there’s a new skateboard in town and it’s even cooler. Designed by Henri d’Origny, it is sublimation printed to ensure that the bridles’ print pigments penetrate the wood for long-lasting colour. And just for the pros, there’s also a longboard version as well. What can I say, but #lovelovelove.