This is a post that’s long overdue, and with so many luxury brands offering online shopping locally right now, a refresher seems apt especially for those who aren’t in the know. Yes, besides luxury behemoths Hermès and Louis Vuitton that offer direct-to-door deliveries (along with the likes of Dover Street Market Singapore and NET-A-PORTER that have a wide range of brands between them), there are a handful of others who also are taking orders online, from the likes of British fashion house Burberry to fine jewellers like Cartier.
And with deliveries ranging from same day/next day to 3 days max, there isn’t really a reason not to partake in your favourite activity even if you choose not to step out of the house. Without further ado, here are 8 (for now), along with some pointers you should be aware of. #happyshopping
01. Bottega Veneta – One of the major Kering labels to offer local deliveries (alongside Balenciaga and Saint Laurent but sorry guys, Gucci isn’t on board yet), all orders will reach you within 3 to 6 working days. Plus you get up to 30 days to return your purchases using the pre-addressed UPS label.
02. Burberry – The OG who launched online shopping way back when, with the option of having it delivered to you or picking it up at their boutique of your choice in 2 to 4 working days*. Or 4 to 7 working days, because even their online site isn’t 100% sure. *ok checked and it is 2 to 4, so it isn’t a long wait at all*
03. Cartier – Yes, this fine jeweller will deliver anything you buy online direct to your door, provided your credit card’s limit allows it, of course. And they can do next day deliveries too, unless of course your purchase requires further personalisation. Or you can shop online and pick it up in-store too.
04. Hermès – All local deliveries are handled by DHL Singapore, so you can be assured nothing messes up from the moment it leaves their premises till it reaches your door. All deliveries come with packed in an additional white box, just so that your orange one arrives pristine. And there’s even a paper bag/gift card too if you mark it as a gift option.
05. Loewe – Yes, yes, yes. What’s more, they also have exclusives that you can only buy online, which is a great yay if you want something extra special. Shipping will take 1 to 5 working days, and that’s free as well.
06. Louis Vuitton – One of the rare few to offer white-gloved same day/next day deliveries direct to your door, it was promised that a handsome man in a suit will turn up with your shopping. Of late, the ‘handsome’ bit doesn’t seem to be a given anymore but that’s besides the point, right? CLICK HERE TO SHOP
07. Saint Laurent – Yes, you can also shop via YSL.com for all your Saint Laurent wants, though it will take a tad longer at 5 to 8 working days. Shopping is complimentary though, which is always a bonus.
08. Valentino – The good? All purchases will be delivered to you within 2 to 4 working days (inclusive of local taxes) so you don’t have to fuss over that. The bad? All the prices are in USD which means you have to do your own conversion before deciding if it is a good deal. Or not.