Backpacks For The Boys: 5 You Should Get Now

IMAGE: SSENSE

Boys love backpacks. We know. We are always on the hunt for THE one, with some of you giving up along the way and returning to the likes of Deuter and Eastpak, which aren’t bad but then again we aren’t 16 anymore either. So, to save you boys all the trouble (and give your womenfolk some gift ideas as well), here’s a quick rundown of 5 different backpacks that should fit 90% of the male population. The other 10%? They don’t carry bags at all.

First up, for that one who refuses to spend more than SGD300 on a backpack (because thrifty/stingy/whatever), but wants something that fits most of his daily needs, check out APC’s Alexandre Backpack (USD205). Available in easy-to-match Marine Blue, the coated textile bag is furnished with two zips and adjustable padded straps for a look that’s sleek yet stylish all at once.  Affordable too, so what more can you ask for?

Next we’ve got Saint Laurent’s City Backpack (USD775) which gets our vote for being the essential everyday backpack. Well-constructed in a sturdy canvas body with a leather trim where the front pocket’s zips are, don’t be fooled by its size, it can fit a large stack of A4 sheets (tried and tested), a mini laptop and then some. The padded shoulder straps also make it comfortable even on days with heavy loads.

For the man who insists on standing out in a crowd, look no further than Thom Browne’s Black Life Preserver Backpack (USD2460). And while it won’t save your life if you’re drowning, you’ll definitely be getting more stares than the entire cast of Baywatch combined. Super quirky and lots of fun, which is a Thom Browne signature, this is perfect for that eclectic individual we all know and unfortunately are also friends with. #truestory

Leather backpacks from luxury houses are dime-a-dozen these days, but still, nothing quite says quality and workmanship like a Loewe, and this Goya Backpack (USD1830) pretty much proves it. Besides the buffed calfskin leather that’s just stunning, its unique design is also pretty incredible. The top handle can be detached, the backpack can expanded vertically should you run out of space, and you can even change how it looks by undoing the press studs under the flap for a completely new look. Form meets function indeed.

For the on-trend fashionista, this Gucci backpack (USD1900) will pretty much do it. Hippest brand around at the moment? Check. Large embroidered cooler-than-cool tiger patch? Check. Webbing handles? Check. In other words, if you’re all about what’s hot now, this is pretty much it. Need we say more?

So there you have it, the 5 bags – from the affordable to the everyday, to the eclectic (or is it eccentric) to the luxurious and finally the fashionable. Which will it be for you?

Image: SSENSE

Share this post

You Should Also Read:

Next and Previous Posts

Comments

  • Dave says:

    Great post! I need a backpack and the more I think the more I want the Loewe Goya. If only there was a version in canvas.

Leave a Reply

The Lust List

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!