Think Wes Anderson and the first thing that comes to mind? Award-filming multi-hypenate best known for his distinctive visuals and quirky, narrative style. And while you might associate him with the work he has done with luxury brands like Prada’s fragrance Candy campaign, one would never put him and say, Swedish fast-fashion giant H&M in the same sentence. Well, not till now, anyway.
Helmed to direct H&M’s Holiday 2016 campaign, Come Together, here are 5 reasons why you should most definitely watch it.
01. It’s also embedded into this blog post, so all you really have to do is scroll down and hit play. Duh. But seriously…
02. The short film is Wes Anderson through and through, from his penchant of using talents he always works with (in this case, it’s Adrien Brody), to the wonderfully whimiscal sets he creates in everything he does, which you’ll see a lot of here in this short film.
03. Adrien Brody (need I say more?).
04. It’s a tale about complete strangers coming together after bad weather waylays all plans, and making the best of a bad situation.
05. Because it’s Christmas, with an ending that’s guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face, even if you are the reincarnation of Ebenezer Scrooge.
But don’t take my word for it. Just hit ‘play’ and escape into the magical world of Anderson, even if it lasts only for a good 4 minutes. Merry Christmas and happy holidays, guys.
Image & Video: H&M