Longchamp Le Pliage ‘Madballs’

longchamp_le-pliage-madballs This is quite literally the most hideous bag I’ve seen in a long time. In fact, with its grotesquely mangled facial features complete with bloodshot eyes, bad teeth and huge bubbling warts, Jeremy Scott’s latest collaboration with Longchamp is just ugly.

Simply known as the Longchamp Le Pliage ‘Madballs’, it’s another collectible Le Pliage tote that fans will snap up in an instant, the roomy and lightweight canvas tote a boon for those who like over-shopping at the airport (I always pack one of these in case it happens to me, which is pretty often), or for the gym and quick weekend getaways. And like every Longchamp and Jeremy Scott collaboration, once they are sold out they’re gone, with something else completely fun and wacky when the new season rolls by.

One of the 2 designs available (the other one is even worse), only 15 pieces of each design will be available in Singapore, and with the launch date slated for mid-August, I’ll be back with another update, along with the price and which of the Longchamp boutiques you should specifically hit for this limited edition collab.

So ugly, it’s cute. So wrong, it’s right. So bad, it’s good.

Image: Longchamp

Comments

• Justin says:

Saw a lady carry this one on the train and it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. (I meant the bag not the lady)

• Thestylinguy says:

Just bought the yellow one in Las Vegas. It’s pretty nice… It’s a little more abstract than the white, which I like! I’ll Instagram it soon at @thestylinguy!

• Sophia says:

Ugly = Cute and adorable.

• Sam says:

I saw it last week at the Longchamp boutique in the US, and it’s really not that bad! But I don’t mind Jeremy Scott and liked the last Longchamp collab so perhaps I’m slightly biased. The other one on display is yellow, but with a similar design. I want to say it was USD370 (quick glance, I could be wrong!), which sounds steep since my regular Le Pilage tote of the same size is 1/3 that?

It could be because it’s a collab, and royalties need to be paid to Mr Scott. Also, the fabric used in the collaboration’s Le Pliage totes are a tad different (and a tad thicker) from the regular ones, which would also explain the slightly higher price?

• GINA says:

I am usually not a fan of Longchamp but I dig this strangely!

• glenn says:

haha… your post is so funny!