Fendi Small Demi-Jour

fendi_small-demi-jour Following the success of Fendi’s 2Jours comes the new Demi-Jour, which at first glance looks nothing like her predecessor. 40 glances later, it still looks nothing like the 2Jours, save for the metal bar that runs across the top of the bag, which you’ll also see on the top of the Demi-Jour. And that’s about as similar as it gets. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

While the 2Jours is your standard top handle tote that’s a tad more formal, the Demi-Jour is completely different, a nifty little wonder that measures 26 cm by 19 cm, with a single handle on the top and a long shoulder sling which you can wear two ways: across the body or over the shoulder. What I love about it includes the fact that it comes in grained calf leather that’s great for warding off accidental nicks, as well as the way it’s constructed, the front flap covering the first half of the bag in the front, with another roomy compartment at the back that comes with a top zip.

In other words, twice the space and twice the fun, especially if you like all your personals neatly organised. Available in both single colours and in a trio of colours (the one above is Navy and Milk with a splash of Yellow at the side), you can get them now at Fendi Marina Bay Sands or Ngee Ann City for SGD2395 and SGD2500 respectively, which in my books isn’t extremely exorbitant as well. Which is another bonus. No?

Image: Fendi

Comments

• Alan says:

I got a Fendi Demi Jour in Black today, and as you can tell from my name, I am a man. I have to say I love it! I wear it across the body as a small messenger bag, it’s very chic and super roomy that holds a lot of stuff! I think men can wear this bag, too! Love it!

• FEra says:

Love the Demi Jour, just got one today. Spotted the bag on your blog, first time checking out the blog, love it, all of the information pretty spot on.

I agree with you, once I saw the bag in the flesh I knew it is worth the price, and the 24-month installment program doesn’t hurt either.

• Kim says:

I have the Demi Jour in Peach and I absolutely adore it. It’s very light and the two compartments are roomy and perfect for travelling. And another plus? Very few people are carrying it!

• Stephanie says:

OMG. That bag is so awesome and drool worthy. I like the design and its simplicity. I would love to buy one, though I think it is quite pricey compared to a Louis Vuitton Speedy25. LOL!

I would hate to rain on your parade but comparing the two bags is like comparing apples and oranges. The one from Fendi comes in full leather, the Speedy is only coated canvas with leather bits at best. The shapes are also different, and while the Speedy only has 1 general compartment with no internal pockets, the Demi-Jour has 2 compartments, along with various internal pockets.

In other words, you get what you pay for. Really.

• Wee Tracy says:

unique. i want to get if there is a nice colour! (FB)