B3: Introducing Fauré Le Page

bbp40_faure-le-page1 While this isn’t the first time French brand Fauré Le Page is making an appearance on this blog, I thought it would be apt to do a proper introduction what with a) the recent release of their official brand book (of which I’m sharing some of the beautiful illustrations here) and b) quite a fair number of you have been writing in asking for more information about FLP.

First established in 1717, Fauré Le Page was originally a master gunsmith to the kings, making everything from swords and sabres to pistols and rifles. Lauded for handing out weapons to the revolutionary forces in 1789 and 1830, Fauré Le Page is today a maker of luxury bags, its pieces never straying far from its heritage, from gun holster-shaped coin purses to the House’s iconic ‘Scale‘ motif.

bbp40_faure-le-page2 Which brings us to this lovely illustration. On the bags and SLGs bearing the ‘Scale‘ motif, it’s a lightweight waterproof coated cloth that’s silk-screened with the motif, making it supple and slightly glossy yet quite hardy.

Located along Rue Cambon (it’s literally just beside Chanel which should make it hard to miss), you’ll find a nice array of everything from coated canvas bags and SLGs to tech cases and other interesting pieces, like drinking flasks and a boot-shaped bag. Prices are also rather low at the moment, which I attribute to the fact that the newly relaunched brand is still new to the luxury market. In other words, there’s no better time than now to head on down when you’re in Paris for an up-close and personal look.

bbp40_faure-le-page3 And before I sign off, here’s a selection of Fauré Le Page’s SLGs and accessories (you’ll find their names and prices at the end of this post) for your viewing pleasure. Any other questions?

Clockwise from top left: iPhone4 case, EUR170, drinking flask, 4 oz, EUR160, 6 oz, EUR190, portable pocket mirror, EUR180, round coin purse, EUR130zipped laptop case, EUR490, card holderEUR115, passport covers, EUR180

Images: Fauré Le Page

YOU SHOULD SEE: Fauré Le Page Vertical Tote

Comments

• Nemanja says:

I found this post very useful! Do you know how much the Fauré La Page mens belts are selling for?
    Thanks!

• Angelina Stella says:

Hi, I’m Stella. I wanna ask you a question. Where do I buy Faure Le Page in Singapore? Do you have any store location in Singapore? I’m looking for a Faure Le Page clutch.

Hello Stella. This brand is not available in SG, you can however email them at boutique@faurelepage.com with your order, and they will ship it over to you. You will be charged the bag’s price less VAT but you’ll have to bear shipping costs and GST, if applicable. Hope this helps.

• Charles says:

BTW the SA said they will never open any stores outside of Paris. The family is very wealthy they don’t need to open. Only chance is going to Paris yourself or have them shipped to you.

• Charles says:

Love FLP. My mom went to Paris in October and brought back a lot of pieces and I mean a lot. We have 4 daily battles. One for me (large brown) my sister and my mom. I have a vertical tote in blue. Women’s belts, mens bi-fold wallet, a beautiful 1717 special made in burgundy and of course the gun bags. We are in love with them. We are the first in Los Angeles to sport the bags. We’ve had SAs from Gucci, Prada and Louis Vuitton raving about the bags. Our SA at Goyard says it’s a better made product than Goyard. We are in love. Can’t wait to go back and buy more…

• These illustrations and the bags are soo beautiful! Absolutely love the patterns.

• Christine says:

Thanks! I have already emailed them. Fantastic and prompt service by the people of FLP. Am eyeing a tote bag.

• Christine says:

Lovely! The ‘scale’motif is so unique. Do you know if any of the multi-brand stores in Singapore that carry the brand? I tried to check the popular multi-brand online portals but no luck.