It’s official. With less than a month before Christmas, you can expect gift guides big and small courtesy of yours truly, which I’ll try to complete before mid-December to give you guys enough time to shop.
But before that happens, here’s a quick recap of everything happened on this blog in November, including select pieces from holiday collections, new bags (and shoes) for the girls and the boys, and then some.
01. Camouflage (I know, I know) took centrestage for a bit, beginning with the Camo Chic spread I put together, followed by the Furla ‘Camo’ Candy, and the Soft Goat Camo iPhone5 Case from Maison Takuya.
02. Let’s go into the bags proper. For the ladies, there was the quirky Maison Martin Leather Doctor’s Bag, the seemingly miniature Saint Laurent Small Cabas Y and the androgynous Céline F/W12 Zip Clutch, as well as the Givenchy Lucrezia (in 2 sizes and many textures), the stunning and feathery Bottega Veneta Poussin Nappa Paillettes Cabat, plus a look forward at some sunny pieces from Céline’s S/S13 collection.
03. For those who prefer their bags a little more petite, there is the Legacy Leather Canteen, and the Legacy Leather Penny collection from Coach, the Mulberry Cecily (click here, and here), Chanel’s tribute to Legoland (but I jest), and the new but very elegant Reed Krakoff Anarchy.
04. For fun collaborations, check out the LeSportSac + Loulou & Tummie collection and the Zatchels + Hello Kitty Town Saddle. Sport B. teamed up with Eclipse to create limited edition mints for X’mas. Last but not least, Comme des Garçons collaborated with Côte et Ciel to put together an elegant polka-dotted neoprene collection, for anything from the iPad to a 15” MacBook Pro.
06. Then bling came to the fore with the delicious Giuseppe Zanotti Gold Swarovski Kevin Loafers. And the Christian Louboutin Pik Pik Flat. Let’s not forget the very popular Rottweiler Coin Purse, and Fighter Aeroplane Printed Cotton Canvas Large Zip Pouch from Givenchy.
07. The guys were also spoilt for choice when it came to apparel. From the coveted Kenzo Tiger Embroidery Wool Sweater to the Topman + James Long collab collection, there was plenty to choose from. David Beckham also shows off his tattoos, among other things, with the H&M + David Beckham Holiday collection.
08. On the wristwear front, Montblanc presented its Star Classique Automatic, and the TimeWriter II Chronograph Bi-Frequence 1,000, pieces to please both the inner ‘uncle’ and the ‘Inspector Gadget’ respectively. The ladies don’t have to feel left out, not with the Hermès Alchimie Bracelet to drool over.
09. If you were in the market for tech cases, it was definitely a good month. For iPhones, Case-Mate pulled out their Creatures and Glam iPhone5 collections, while Moschino contributed the Gennarino iPhone4 Case. For tablets, there was the have-it-all Hermès E-Zip iPad Notebook and the nostalgic Burberry Vintage Haymarket Check Digital Case.
10. And to round up the month, Longchamp entranced with its Little Big Bag video, a look at local shopping concierge Sins of Lust, and Chanel has a grained rubber rugby ball I’m pretty crazy over. Also check out the Loewe Animales Leather Bookmarks, which are functional and adorable at all once. Last but not least, Louis Vuitton in all her holiday glory.
Image: Louis Vuitton