Bagaholicboy Muses #438 – What You Need To Know About Buying Goyard Online

bbm438 It breaks my heart every time a reader sends me a snapshot of their counterfeit Goyard bag, thinking they bought the real deal. And if I had a dollar for every email I’ve received over the years regarding purchasing Goyard online, I’d literally be swimming in their trunks right now.

After conferring with Goyard Paris on this matter, we’ve decided to set the record straight and hopefully this post will help you on your way towards owning your very own Saint Louis. Or the 233. Or the Marquise. But I digress.

01. Yes, it’s true you can buy Goyard bags (and SLGs) online, but only via email. In other words, you’ve got to email them directly with your enquiries, and someone from the Paris HQ will reply you, along with prices and shipping costs. Everything else is fake, or overpriced if it’s from an online reseller.

02. As far as customisation options are concerned, simple applications like the addition of stripes or initials are possible. Do check with Goyard directly on the amount of time it would take, as well as the additional costs.

03. All orders shipped out of Europe are less VAT, which means you’ll enjoy the savings as if you were doing the claims at the airport. Shipping costs are yours to pay (as are incoming duties and/or taxes), and Goyard uses Goldwings for all international deliveries.

04. As far as prices are concerned, here’s a quick rundown of the more popular models. The Saint Louis GM for example is now EUR800 for the classic hues, and EUR1040 for the others. The PM is EUR700, with those in non-classic hues retailing for EUR910. The 233 starts at EUR3150, while the Ambassade retails from EUR1900.

05. Classic hues refer to Black, Brown and Red (click here to see the colours), while everything else is considered non-classic/limited. They are Burgundy, Green, Navy Blue, Orange, Sky Blue, Yellow and White. And now Grey (T11). Yes, Grey, which is really lovely.

So now you know. And if there are any other queries relating to ordering Goyard’s bags and SLGs via email, just leave a comment here. Or click on this link and drop them an email to get the ball rolling. Happy shopping.

Image: Goyard

YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Sainte Lucie
YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Belvedere
YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Saint Louis Collection

Comments

• peggy este says:

My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was totally right.

• Bettina says:

Hi, I’m thinking of buying my first Goyard and looking at two particular items. I would really appreciate your opinion as you’ve probably seen all the colours and bags up close. I could really use the help in deciding!!!

1) Zippe Matignon GM wallet – Should I get navy/marine, sky blue or black?
    2) Jeanne GM or Croisière – Plan to use it for travel bag whenever I will go on international trips as a handbag with all the knickknacks. Should I get the Jeanne GM or Croisière?
    3) For the Jeanne GM, should I get black or black with tan trim?

Hope to hear from you soon! Highly value your input!

• Ziheng says:

Hi there I wish to know for a Goyard mens’ wallet bifold with 8 card holder, 2 notes holders and 2 sections underneath the card holders (some called it St Sulpice some call it St Paul, I’m not too sure as well), must the ‘Goyard Paris’ wording appear in slight left from the centre of the front of the wallet? The ones with Goyard wording in the centre are all fakes? Hope you can solve this.

• Rosanna says:

Would you say its cheaper to have it shipped from Paris compared to buying it from Barneys in NYC after taking shipping into consideration?

Really depends on the current exchange rates, and how much shipping (and taxes) all adds up to in the end. Sorry I can’t help more on this, I don’t have an exact idea of how much Goyard is retailing for now in the US.

• Joyce says:

Hi, I am dropping by Paris this weekend. I am just wondering whether they have off-the-shelf bags on sale?

Appreciate your advice.

Hey Joyce no worries, they have loads available. From the classic Saint Louis totes to the SLGs and more, it really just depends on the style and colour you want.

• Jy says:

Hi, do you have any idea how much for incoming duties/taxes? I live in San Francisco. Thanks.

• Dame says:

Hi, other than in-store, where can I view the entire mens range? I don’t have Goyard in my country.

• Angeline says:

Hi, would you know which city has the best prices for Goyard bags? Thanks much!

• Anna says:

Hi I wanted to buy a Goyard Saint Louis GM tote and found one on eBay, I want to know if there was any way you can tell me if it is real or fake?

• seth says:

How do I spot a fake Goyard? For the satchel bags or the Boeing?

The way it’s made, the finish, the quality of the materials used, there are actually many tell-tale signs. But if you are new to the brand, my best advice for you is to avoid buying anything pre-owned online or from online sites that claim they sell overstocks or cheap but genuine Goyard bags and SLGs because there’s no such thing. Buy directly from Goyard and you’ll be fine.