Bagaholicboy Muses #438 – What You Need To Know About Buying Goyard Online

bbm438 It breaks my heart every time a reader sends me a snapshot of their counterfeit Goyard bag, thinking they bought the real deal. And if I had a dollar for every email I’ve received over the years regarding purchasing Goyard online, I’d literally be swimming in their trunks right now.

After conferring with Goyard Paris on this matter, we’ve decided to set the record straight and hopefully this post will help you on your way towards owning your very own Saint Louis. Or the 233. Or the Marquise. But I digress.

01. Yes, it’s true you can buy Goyard bags (and SLGs) online, but only via email. In other words, you’ve got to email them directly with your enquiries, and someone from the Paris HQ will reply you, along with prices and shipping costs. Everything else is fake, or overpriced if it’s from an online reseller.

02. As far as customisation options are concerned, simple applications like the addition of stripes or initials are possible. Do check with Goyard directly on the amount of time it would take, as well as the additional costs.

03. All orders shipped out of Europe are less VAT, which means you’ll enjoy the savings as if you were doing the claims at the airport. Shipping costs are yours to pay (as are incoming duties and/or taxes), and Goyard uses Goldwings for all international deliveries.

04. As far as prices are concerned, here’s a quick rundown of the more popular models. The Saint Louis GM for example is now EUR800 for the classic hues, and EUR1040 for the others. The PM is EUR700, with those in non-classic hues retailing for EUR910. The 233 starts at EUR3150, while the Ambassade retails from EUR1900.

05. Classic hues refer to Black, Brown and Red (click here to see the colours), while everything else is considered non-classic/limited. They are Burgundy, Green, Navy Blue, Orange, Sky Blue, Yellow and White. And now Grey (T11). Yes, Grey, which is really lovely.

So now you know. And if there are any other queries relating to ordering Goyard’s bags and SLGs via email, just leave a comment here. Or click on this link and drop them an email to get the ball rolling. Happy shopping.

Image: Goyard

YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Sainte Lucie
YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Belvedere
YOU SHOULD SEE: Goyard Saint Louis Collection

Comments

• jennifer says:

I would like some info on how to purchase a Goyard online. Which site do I purchase from. I can’t find the site. Please let me know thank you.

• Ilovebags2012 says:

I just purchased a Goyard bag online and have no idea if it is real. Went to Saks and Bergdorf Goodman and got mixed reviews on its authenticity.

• theknees says:

saw the new gray… and you’re right, its really lovely!!!

• Suez says:

Hi, what’s Paris Goyard email address? How long will it take to deliver to SG? Thanks!

• Winfred Quek says:

Thank you for the great post on buying Goyard online! (T)

• Karla says:

Hello everybody! Shipping fee to Singapore for a Saint Louis GM special colour, (EUR870 de-taxed) last July was EUR190 from Maison Goyard Paris.

• Norashikin Ramli says:

Yes. All in I still paid about SGD1300 for my Saint Louis GM in Tan that was shipped from Paris to SG. Customisation (if any) will take another 3 weeks.

Thanks for your input guys!

• Marie says:

Hi! I was just wondering which bag should I get… I haven’t decided if it should be the Louis Vuitton Neverfull in Monogram Canvas or the Goyard Saint Louis in Black. I would love to have your opinion on this. Many thanks!

• Terence says:

Hi! I ordered my Saint Louis GM and had it personalised with my initials on one side and 3 stripes on the other, I even asked about doing stars, 1 big oversized letter and my initials in multiple colours (yes they will patiently reply your queries and work closely with you via email before confirming). I even wanted to send my Ambassade over to get it personalised and they were ok to do that.

The entire process took 64 emails to confirm (I could not make up my mind) and 4 weeks (estimated time needed to complete artwork) before I arrived in Paris to pick it up.

I emailed London before and they won’t do it but Paris definitely does. The entire process was amazing and the lady I dealt with was really nice.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated!

• jlxaac says:

Yup they are right! only Paris allows personlisation via email. I recently ordered a black Ambassade with 3 stripes. Just like Terence mentioned it took 20 plus emails to get everything confirmed. Florent was great to work with.

I however didnt ask them to send my bag to SG, I decided to pick it up myself in Paris and even met Florent!

If anyone is looking to get the luggage tag customised the stamping can be done in 3 to 4 days.

• lala says:

Sorry. I was told by both Paris and UK HQ that personalisation is NOT possible via email. You need to be there in person!

• Very useful and interesting post. Now only to save up to afford to be able to email the Paris HQ, eh?

• adjani says:

Thanks so much for the tips! Will keep it in mind!