It breaks my heart every time a reader sends me a snapshot of their counterfeit Goyard bag, thinking they bought the real deal. And if I had a dollar for every email I’ve received over the years regarding purchasing Goyard online, I’d literally be swimming in their trunks right now.
After conferring with Goyard Paris on this matter, we’ve decided to set the record straight and hopefully this post will help you on your way towards owning your very own Saint Louis. Or the 233. Or the Marquise. But I digress.
01. Yes, it’s true you can buy Goyard bags (and SLGs) online, but only via email. In other words, you’ve got to email them directly with your enquiries, and someone from the Paris HQ will reply you, along with prices and shipping costs. Everything else is fake, or overpriced if it’s from an online reseller.
02. As far as customisation options are concerned, simple applications like the addition of stripes or initials are possible. Do check with Goyard directly on the amount of time it would take, as well as the additional costs.
03. All orders shipped out of Europe are less VAT, which means you’ll enjoy the savings as if you were doing the claims at the airport. Shipping costs are yours to pay (as are incoming duties and/or taxes), and Goyard uses Goldwings for all international deliveries.
04. As far as prices are concerned, here’s a quick rundown of the more popular models. The Saint Louis GM for example is now EUR800 for the classic hues, and EUR1040 for the others. The PM is EUR700, with those in non-classic hues retailing for EUR910. The 233 starts at EUR3150, while the Ambassade retails from EUR1900.
05. Classic hues refer to Black, Brown and Red (click here to see the colours), while everything else is considered non-classic/limited. They are Burgundy, Green, Navy Blue, Orange, Sky Blue, Yellow and White. And now Grey (T11). Yes, Grey, which is really lovely.
So now you know. And if there are any other queries relating to ordering Goyard’s bags and SLGs via email, just leave a comment here. Or click on this link and drop them an email to get the ball rolling. Happy shopping.