As most of you may have realised by now, I’m currently in New York City for the H&M + Maison Martin Margiela launch that’s happening tonight at a yet undisclosed location. Having been promised an event to remember, I’m pretty confident H&M will throw a bash that’s worthy of the press and bloggers that have flown in from around the world.
But before that happens, here are some points regarding the collab collection that I gleaned from the preview held yesterday at the Mondrian Soho. Helpful if you’re intent on getting some coveted pieces come launch day on 15 November.
01. There are quite a number of previously unreleased pieces that were shown only at the preview, from the large upside down bag (SGD399) to the felted sweater dress (SGD249) and something called the fusion of 2 trousers (SGD159) for the boys. Hopefully that post will be up soon so do look out for it.
02. Great pains were taken by the team at Maison Martin Margiela who worked closely with the folks at H&M to ensure everything was up to par given its price points, and factors like craftsmanship, finishing and the quality of fabrics were not overlooked.
03. From heavy wool to thin wool, from cashmere to leather, fabrics were specially sourced to ensure that the pieces were still luxe without becoming overly exorbitant pricewise.
04. There are actually some pieces in the collab that will be released in smaller quantities due to its lengthy production process, which just means they will be even more limited. They include pieces like the supporters scarves sweater (SGD149) and the jacket made of belts (SGD549).
05. Even though it’s a re-edition, the team at Maison Martin Margiela mentioned that certain items have been transformed a little bit, adapted even, but still maintain the essence of the original pieces. In other words, same but different.
06. Getting a sense of what will be popular while at the preview wasn’t hard, especially with everyone gushing over the candy clutch. The glove clutch should also do well, as will the watch bracelet and the enlarged key ring necklace. In other words, make sure you grab those on launch day before they are all sold out.
For some of the preview snapshots, do check them out on my Instagram account, or just head to my Facbook fan page and see the lookbook there with prices in SGD.