In a blink of an eye the first 5 months of the year have already come and gone, and today being 1 June means it’s time for another instalment of Bagaholicboy Reminisces. What’s new, what’s on sale now, and more importantly, what did you miss this month? Here are some highlights, and even if you’d already read them, there’s really no harm reading it again.
Just consider it positive reinforcement. Sort of.
01. With the S/S12 season almost over, it’s time to look ahead for a glimpse of what’s to come. Have a look at at the new Luggage totes from F/W12 Céline, as well as the new (and very stunning) Shoulder Bag.
02. More F/W12 bags to look out for include the Hermès Drag Up, the Yayoi Kusama collab with Louis Vuitton, the Mulberry Oversized Tassel Bag, the Mulberry Bryn, the bags and accessories from the Pre-Fall 2012 Womens Dior collection. Last but not least, the F/W12 colour palette for the Le Pliage Cuir line-up.
03. Boys needn’t feel left out when F/W12 rolls by. While the crocodile briefcase from Loewe might be out of reach to most mortals, there is the Loewe Bilbao Weekender to consider. Or get the Givenchy Rottweiler iPad Case. Really, need I say more?
04. A month without Chanel is like Paula Deen without butter, and we all know how important that is to her. Besides the Paris-Bombay collection, have a look at the Chanel Blue Fantasy Fur And Leather Case and the Chanel CC Lock Leather Satchel. And then there’s the new J12 Chromatic as well.
05. Other bags to check out include the Louis Vuitton Jelly PM, the Emilio Pucci Cosmetic Bag, the Miu Miu Madras Shoulder, the Union Jack Lock collection from Mulberry, the PS1 Pochette in python, the Cartier Marcello de Cartier Satchel, and an update on the Victoria Beckham Shopper.
07. Current season bags the boys can check out include the smart Diplomatico Briefcase from Loewe, and the Coach Washed Canvas Beach Tote. And then there’s the 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Minute Bag as well, which I recently added to my collection.
08. It has also been a pretty good month for footwear, both the guys and the gals. Boys, check out the Christian Louboutin Charlie Leopard Pony Loafers, as well as an update on the Kenzo + Vans shoe collection. Girls, have a look at the Havaianas + Missoni Slim Rachel, along with these bio-plastic ballerinas from Gucci.
09. And then there’s the Prada Flame Shoe Ornament. Think shoe, but shrunken.
10. Last but not least, random bits and bobs that I love, including the Crabtree & Evelyn + Hello Kitty tea set, the gorgeous Hermès Clic HH, the value-for-money Givenchy Pin-Up Bandana Scarf, and if you’re a fan, the Louis Vuitton 100 Legendary Trunks iPad App.