With 2011 officially behind us, it is now time to take stock of the year that just passed, including all the highs and lows that the last 12 months have brought. This is also the time we look forward to the year ahead, making resolutions (that will hopefully be followed through) and generally telling yourself you’ll do better in all areas of your life for the next 365 days.
While I’ve had an excellent year as far as the blog is concerned, I am thankful for all the support and love you guys have given me. I’ve also made my resolutions for the new year, but before I lose your attention with my intense rambling, here’s a quick recap of what happened right here in the month of December.
Happy New Year guys, here’s wishing all of you a fantastic 2012 ahead!
01. Online sale shopping is in full swing, with discounts of up to 50% off over at Net-A-Porter and Mr Porter. Mulberry’s online sale has also begun, as well as more juicy discounts over at Eranzi, Kepris, and Shopbop.
02. A&F opened to huge fanfare on 15 December 2011, with Singaporeans (and tourists) of all shapes and sizes taking snapshots with the 30-strong contingent of boys with hard pecs and washboard abs specially flown in to grace the opening.
03. Ad campaigns are slowly surfacing as the new season approaches; check out the January instalment of Burberry’s new S/S12 ad campaign, as well as Louis Vuitton’s sugar, spice and everything nice campaign starring newcomers Kati Nescher and Daria Strokous.
05. Dior is on a roll as far as being fashion-forward is concerned in the new year. Check out the bags and accessories (as well the videos) from their Cruise 2012 collection, as well as the soon-to-be-launched Dior + Anselm Reyle collaboration. More Dior, this time in the form of their new bag, the So Dior. So lovely? You tell me.
06. More bags (and SLGs) to check out include the stunning Bottega Veneta Metal Lace Karung Knot, the Burberry Belted Check Sling, the Loewe Amazona Dragon that’s perfect for the Lunar New Year, and the wallets from Proenza Schouler that are absolutely delicious.
07. Guys need not feel left out. Check out the Mulberry Postman’s Lock Backpack, pouches from the likes of Dunhill, Mulberry, and Smythson, along with this pair of outrageous mens shoes from Christian Louboutin’s S/S12 collection.
08. After Christmas, no other holiday induces as much stress for the guys as much as Valentine’s Day. It’s time to start planning what you’ll be getting for your wife/girlfriend/partner so check out the Valentine’s 2012 collections from Chanel, and Louis Vuitton. If a bag is way out of the budget, why not check out these bracelets from Chanel instead?
09. As far as the wacky and interesting are concerned, I think I got it pretty covered too. Check out the Fabrix + Mojoko Pop Tunes collection, the LeSportsac + Joyrich Candy Camo Erika, and the Longchamp Le Pliage ‘Postcard’. And let’s not forget the cute Moneyphant from Georg Jensen, as well as the wacky printed iPhone4 cases from Swash London.
10. Last, but by no means least, check out the S/S12 foulards from Prada (one of which has got my name on it), as well as the Graff Hermès collection that was created in collaboration with French graffiti artist Kongo.