Half of 2011 has almost gone by in a flash, and officially we’re right into the middle of what I like to term ‘retail limbo’. It is that time of the year when one season has come to an end, and before the next one starts proper, we are left to contend with the onslaught of end-of-season sales and promotions.
And while many of you will probably bag good deals in the ongoing Great Singapore Sale, don’t forget to keep one eye out on the upcoming sales at the online sites like Net-A-Porter that will be happening really soon. I could go on and on, but I shan’t lest I digress. Without further ado, here are the highlights for May 2011.
01. The single post that garnered the most amount of reactions would have to be the one about Chanel’s price increment which came into effect in May. Viewed over 6500 times since the day it was posted, I can only attribute it to two factors. Singaporeans’ love for Chanel, and their general disdain for having to pay more.
02. May 2011 should also be remembered for the sheer variety of affordable, fun bags that were featured on this blog, from the Marc Jacobs ‘Fight Like A Girl’ Tote to the Will Guatemalan Carry-All. And that’s not all. Other gems to check out include the Souve ‘Can’t Afford A Birkin’ Tote, as well as the lush pony hair clutch from local brand Depression that’s only SGD220.
04. Fans of Mulberry, you’re in luck. Besides the Alexa in new colours like Chocolate and Bright Cabbage, there’s also the new Oversized Taylor that’s great for work, as well as the Postman’s Lock Camera Bag that’s great for play.
06. From Burberry we’ve got the new tote from Burberry Prorsum that’s for the ladies, as well as the Burberry Prorsum Utility Canvas Tote for the boys. There’s also the new foldable sunglasses from the Burberry Brights collection that’s bright, cheery and fun.
07. Some of the F/W11 beauties that will be released in the coming months include these lovely Lady Dior bags, the Coach Chelsea Dowel Flap, the gorgeous travel bag from Prada, as well as the new pieces from the Chanel Boy collection. And let’s not forget the opening of H&M in Singapore come September 2011. Exciting!
08. Other interesting bits and bobs include the Alexander McQueen Armadillo Shoe Ornament, the Karl Lagerfeld collaboration with Coke Light, the leather brooches from Chanel, as well as Mulberry The Book. And let’s not forget intricate watch rings from Thai brand Pitch.
09. I know I sound like a broken record, but no month is complete without Louis Vuitton here on this blog. Check out the new Fall-Winter 2011 Womens Louis Vuitton ad campaign, as well as two of the new Lockit bags that will be released in the coming months.
10. Last but not least, feel free to indulge in Bottega Veneta’s beautiful tribute to Japan in the form of the hand-woven intrecciato nappa leather keychain. Get one and show your support (and solidarity) for Japan.