Bagaholicboy Muses #237 – Money, Money, Money

Following yesterday’s post on the Marc by Marc Jacobs Mr. Marc Money Clip, I decided to trawl the internet a little more and came up with a few more options, including this one from Tiffany & Co. Priced at SGD205, the 1837 sterling silver money clip is affordable, classy and stylish. And the expression on your man’s face when he gets his very own robin egg blue box would be priceless.

Links London has a snazzy collection of money clips as well, from the GBP110 sterling silver money clip (on the left) that allows you to personalise it by engraving your initials or a special message. If you prefer not to deal with tarnishing issues, get the one in stainless steel (on the right) for just GBP70. Links London ships internationally, by the way.

And so does Mulberry. GBP65, for the Mulberry Laser Cut Money Clip, which you can get online at their e-commerce site.

If you’d rather not deal with any forms of metal at all, check out the one in vachetta leather from Louis Vuitton that will set you back by SGD320. All leather, with embedded magnets to secure both ends (and your cash) together.

For another alternative, check out the Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Nappa Money Clip which works the same way as the one from Louis Vuitton and will only set you back by SGD240.

Which do you like? Or do you have any others to recommend?

Images: Bottega VenetaLinks LondonLouis Vuitton, Mulberry & Tiffany & Co.

YOU SHOULD SEE: Marc by Marc Jacobs Mr. Marc Money Clip

Comments

• Me says:

The Bottega!

• Ira says:

And it does *not* look stuffed to the gills.

• ursie says:

I’ve a friend who prefers money clips to wallets as he claims that they’re easier to handle. I myself have no idea how though, and I must admit, the idea of using money clips seems impractical to me. They do look sleek and stylish though.

• Shen Heng says:

I’ve been using this brand for years, and when it broke, I ordered the same one again. It doesn’t lose grip strength over time like many money clips. (FB)

• Constance says:

My husband has been using money clips all these while. He thinks it’s stylish and individualistic cos it’s rarely used by others.

It’s not easy to find nice money clips and was about to get a T&C money clip for hubby till he commented the design of the T&C money clip is not so ideal as it will lose it’s grasp fast.

Thanks for highlighting the LV and BV money clips. Will be sure to check them out and hopefully they pass my hubby’s discerning eyes.

• Jon says:

You put up a convincing case BB… Maybe we should consider money clips after all…

• germaine says:

I love money clips but I wouldn’t know what to do with them. I’d be completely crippled without a wallet to hold my cash, ID, keycard to open my front door, selected credit cards and Starbucks prepaid card. (Caveat: it does *not* look stuffed to the gills.)