Bagaholicboy News #198 – Chanel Revises Prices Again

Less than a year ago, I remember doing a post on Chanel’s increment that saw prices for its Classic Flap in caviar leather going up. Today I was informed that Chanel has increased the prices again with effect from 1 May 2011, which saw an average increase of SGD800 for each size.

In other words, Medium is now SGD5990, Jumbo is now SGD6620 and the Maxi is now SGD7230 for the Classic Flap. For the 2.55 Reissue it is the same price: SGD5990 for the Small (225), SGD6620 for the Medium (226) and SGD7230 for the Large (227).

With the revision, it also means that prices for both the Classic Flap and 2.55 Reissue models are now on par, and is only in effect for classic pieces/colours and does not affect the seasonal releases.

The price increment also applies internationally. With effect from tomorrow, a Jumbo will cost GBP2750 (up from GBP2355) in the UK, while in Paris the Jumbo will now cost EUR3200 (up from EUR2700). In the US, the Jumbo will retail for USD4300 (up from USD3700).

Now go forth and lament. And start saving all over again.

Image: Chanel

Comments

• Amber says:

Yes, regarding the above question by CC. Is there any increase in Chanel this year or will the prices still remain the same?

• CC says:

Hi BB, I’ve been reading your blog since last year and it’s really helpful! Thanks a lot for all these frequent updates. I’m from Brunei and I’m going to Singapore in December which is next month. May I know the prices for the Chanel Classic Flap in all sizes currently there as I wish to purchase one of them! Hope you can reply me.

• JJ says:

chanel is increasing prices and i love it, mainly because i bought mine three years ago. i have abused the bag and can still sell it for a profit! heard that december 2012 or february 2013 is the next increase, so better get them soon.

• Xin says:

With the weakening in EURO, actually after you convert, the price is abt the same in SGD as last year.

• Elly says:

From a basic forex exchange calculation, buying it in US is cheaper than Paris??

• Ageha says:

From what I saw from the online prices, Chanel has once again increased their classic range in 2012. Now the medium/large cost 3100 euros!