Another month, another post. March 2011 has been my best month so far this year, my trip to London and Paris the icing on the cake. So why was I there? Besides being Doorstep Luxury’s honorary shopper for the upcoming F/W11 collections they are going to stock on their site, I also took the opportunity to attend the runway shows held during Paris Fashion Week, along with the all-important resees. Read on for the full recap.
01. I attended a total of 6 shows in all (no mean feat considering the fact that I’m just a blogger from Singapore). Which makes it all the more life-changing that Chanel, Céline, Dior, Loewe, Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu kindly extended show invites to me. Truly, much appreciated.
02. Curious to see what Singapore’s fashion elite bring to Paris when they are attending the runway shows? Click here and have a look. And don’t forget to check out the F/W11 PFW runway bag report I’ve put together.
04. Chanel officially launches the new Mademoiselle ad campaign, which drew mixed reactions from you guys. Got myself my first Chanel bag as well while in Paris, the Chanel Coco Cocoon Large Tote which was love at first sight for me. Last but not least, a long overdue post on the Chanel Paris-Shanghai Take Away Bag.
05. Love the Loewe + Katie Hillier limited edition collection that features the Amazona and the Ida sporting cute animal locks, which include Mouse, Rabbit and Snail, designed by Ms Hillier herself. Another limited edition worth checking out is the Gucci New Bamboo ‘Runway To Green’ handbag created specially for Net-A-Porter US.
06. Shoes, shoes, shoes. Finally got my Prada Creeper Brogues, eyeing the loafers you can personalise with your own initials from Car Shoe, and very, very tempted by the Church’s Bi-Colour Leather Brogues.
07. The Kate Spade Pineapple Coin Purse is (and I quote), ‘so wrong yet so right’, the Charlotte Olympia Pandora Clutch is unusual at best and the Lulu Guinness Dress Up Dolly Bag is simply adorable. Just your monthly dose of the weird and the wonderful.
08. One of Mulberry’s most expensive bags ever, the Mulberry Jewelled Lily (2500 Swarovski crystals and 460 Mulberry rivets in all) which retails for over SGD7500.
10. My one regret? Not being able to get the Louis Vuitton Monogram Impression Sac Weekend for myself.