Chloé Billie

Ever since the return of the schoolboy satchel, brand after brand has been pushing out variations of it, wishing, hoping and praying that their bag will be half as big a success as the Alexa. And while some were just poor copies that looked way too similar to the former, I am very impressed with the new Chloé Billie that just made her debut on Net-A-Porter.

Other than the fact that is styled after a basic schoolboy satchel (note the front flap, the buckle detailing and the standard long shoulder strap), Hannah MacGibbon gave it her very own twist with clever use of contrasting leathers (tanned leather with black patent trim), along with swathes of beige linen for added detail. The end result? It looks updated and modern, in a style that every Chloé fangirl will deign to love.

Measuring 28 cm by 22 cm, the GBP875 (around SGD1475 or so) satchel is a good size for those looking for a handbag that’s just right for work or play.

Image: Net-A-Porter

Comments

• Thomas says:

very gorgeous

• ClaireL says:

That’s utterly gorgeous, but I fear its colour scheme, being somewhat orangey, might not match as many outfits as, say, a satchel in tan or black.

• M says:

no… I’m asking whether it’s because I’m short – not that short la, about 1.56 – but the straps still seem oddly long on many bags without many options to adjust – maybe they’re made for the tall. poss silly qn, BB.

• Olivia says:

Ooh Billie… do I hear you calling my name?

• M says:

dear BB, I have a question about the straps of bags, such as the Alexa. I notice that this one, the Billie, has a strap length that seem just right (I clicked on the link and saw the other images on the net-a-porter site) – but is it because I’m short that the straps appear so long on the Alexa and on other bags like the Coffer, etc? thanks!

• Dottie says:

This is love at first sight! VERY CUTE.