I don’t know how we ended up here, but it seems August 2010 went by in a flash and we’re now staring in the face of September. The biggest month of the year that turns the wheels of fashion turning once again, with fashion media descending on New York, London, Milan and Paris for next season’s offerings. It is also the month when F/W10 merchandise starts turning up in full force in boutiques across the world, tempting all with their own lineup of desirables.
Closer to home, it is also the month when designer boutiques start opening their doors one after another at Marina Bay Sands, followed by big opening parties with regional celebrities flying in in attendance. In other words, I’ll be working round the clock in September, but till the madness begins, sit back, relax and see what you may have missed on Bagaholicboy in August.
01. Single biggest event all month has got be the one which Alexa Chung specially flew in for, where hordes of guests and media alike descended and partied by the beach. Thank you Mulberry, it was a blast.
02. This is also the month I kicked off Bagaholicboy Likes, my response to how everything is ‘liked’ these days online due solely to the reach of Facebook. In other words, I’m sharing with you what I’m liking at the moment.
04. The single most popular post in the month of August? The one I did on the revised prices of the Chanel Classic Flap in Singapore which has been viewed over 6300 times since it was first published.
05. Gorgeous bags not to be missed for F/W10 include the Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Opera, the Chloé Marcie, the Dior 3D, the Givenchy Antigona, the Loewe Mini Calle, the Marc by Marc Jacobs Sophie, and the Mulberry Neely. And I promise, not a single monogram in sight.
06. And for the boys, take your pick from the Loewe Mens Heritage collection, or something really pricey from F/W10 Louis Vuitton. Beyond bags, check out my picks from F/W10 Dior Homme. In a word? Lush.
07. You can now personalise your very own Neverfull. I’ve got 2 words for you. Mon Monogram.
10. And because my blog does not just revolve around bags alone anymore (there are life’s other luxuries to consider), here are some of my favourites from August, which include the Price’s dVb Charity Candle, the Adrian Tassle Loafer from Dr. Martens, and the Miss Marc Henry.
And before I sign off, tell me. Which post in August was the one you liked the most?