Bagaholicboy Likes #4 – Always On My Mind

Here’s a quick rundown of what I’ve been obsessing over lately.

Loewe Papelle Collection
3 new sizes have been launched in Singapore, smaller and more manageable than the previous collection. Inspired by traditional paper bags, the Papelle is truly stunning in real life. Made of natural calf leather that’s smooth to the touch, the interior is lined in suede and retails from SGD1890 apiece. The one that I like, the Papelle35, retails for SGD2490. Check them out at Loewe Ngee Ann City.

F/W10 Chanel
Interesting isn’t it? From the F/W10 collection, this reinterpreted Classic Flap (SGD4450, expected to launch in October 2010) comes with a paint-splattered bottom, a top zip for fast and easy access and loads of attitude. I really want to see this for myself in person. Not for myself, but just to appreciate it and have an up-close feel. Because every Chanel bag is after all a work of art.

Givenchy Mens Nightingale
It hasn’t arrived in Singapore just yet, but the Givenchy Mens Nightingale has been giving me some sleepless nights. Besides being longer than the version for women, details have also been kept to a minimum, which is always good. Retailing for SGD1800, it should probably arrive here after October, but put yourself on the wait list at Givenchy Paragon just in case. Besides the Mens Nightingale, I’ve also been torn between the Pandora and the Céline Luggage Tote. Which will it be?

Apple iPod Nano
Nifty and tiny (it’s even smaller than a matchbox), the new iPod Nano (from SGD228) is seriously adorable. Use it to play your favourite tracks, listen to FM radio, fill it up with your most memorable snapshots; the things you can do with it just go on and on. Now, if only I can decide on the colour. Graphite?

Images: Apple, ChanelGivenchy & Loewe

Comments

• Blop says:

Hi Bagaholicboy, do you think the Loewe Papelle Collection will be suitable for men? Will Loewe having a darker colour series for men?

Yes why not? Go for the Papelle35, or the much larger one that is still available at Loewe N.A.C from S/S10. There is supposed to be a larger Papelle in Black too for men, but I don’t think it will be available in SG.

• Blop says:

Took the leap of faith and bought the Loewe Papelle35, can you please provide some tips as to maintain this bag or professional cleaners who can get the job done. Thanks

• Penny says:

Hi , i recently fell in love with celine’s luggage tote. i would love to have one but the colour i really want is from SS2010. do u think they will have it anywhere? IS the luggage tote considered a classic?

You should check with your local Celine boutique and see if they can still get you the colour you want. If not, you can always stalk eBay or other online sites for possibilities. If all else fails why not see if anything from F/W10 or S/S11 will be suitable for you as well?

And yes, the Celine Luggage Tote is well on its way towards becoming a classic.

• Grace says:

I like the paint splatter treatment on the Chanel bag VERY MUCH! But not the zip top… no no…

• ybee says:

when you buy Givenchy bag, you should check where it is made. I bought one at Givenchy store but when i checked, i saw ‘made in china’. So worried about that…