Bagaholicboy News #142 – Car Shoe Opens At ION Orchard!

Between my appointment at Ngee Ann City and the fitting at TANGS (thank you TANG+CO Men) yesterday I somehow managed to walk past Car Shoe at ION Orchard, which has been boarded up for the longest time. Imagine my surprise when I realised I was actually looking into a functional store, replete with rows and rows of shoes, bags and actual humans (who were actually sales associates).

I stared in disbelief, took a deep breath and walked right in, wondering how I managed to miss it since they actually opened in early April.

I was hooked almost immediately. After all, Italian brand Car Shoe is as highly regarded its peers, established back in 1963. In 2001 the Prada Group took a controlling stake in the company and injected new life, opening flagships in Milan and Capri, along with introducing the brand’s lines to 200 top boutiques around the world. And as of today, they’ve opened in Singapore as well.

Prices are pretty competitive too, with the basic moccasin starting from SGD680, which is almost the same price as Tod’s and a tad lower than Prada’s offerings. I didn’t have enough time yesterday to actually try anything on, which just means I’ll be heading down again this weekend. Fingers crossed that I don’t actually come back with a pair (or two).

And in case anyone is wondering where they are located within ION Orchard, they are actually between Miu Miu and YSL.

Images: Car Shoe

Comments

• BQ says:

Owned both Car Shoe and Tod’s.

Car Shoe last much longer as the studs are more durable but not as feather light weight as Tod’s.

Car shoe makes more economic sense in the longer term.

• Ju says:

Carshoe is much more comfortable compared to Tods. And the rubber sole is thicker den Tods as well.

• Louie says:

hey bagaholicboy,
    im in the US and am totally loving your posts on the car shoe. I definitely want a pair, but have no idea how I can get my hands on a pair in the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried the site, but i dont think they do US purchases. Let me know. Thanks.

• Richard says:

I had to a pair. I bought a carshoe loafer in Nappa leather. It is indeed comfortable. How much does a pair cost in Europe?

I tried them on myself on Saturday too, really comfy, with loads of support. I’m quite the convert myself now!

• teemu says:

They cost EUR200-300 in Europe. I don’t think GST makes much difference here, it’s only 7% and those European prices include the crazy European VAT, which varies between 15-25% from country to country. Does Singapore have high import taxes?

• stefan olsfal says:

I have to agree with teemu, though I adore Carshoe, the price tags in the ION store is pure ‘daylight robbery’. S’pore has gotta stop thieving the shoppers with GST and import tax. hehe.

• teemu says:

I like Carshoe too. But how can you call S$680 a competitive price for basic moccasins? That’s pure robbery. The same shoes are much more affordable in Europe.