February 2010 has well, been tumultuous at best. It was the month I celebrated my birthday, and also the month that officially marks a new chapter in my life. Let’s just say that from March 2010 I will be spending even more time on the blog (but no, I’m not becoming a full-time blogger just yet) and working on a couple of projects at the same time. After all, bills still need to be paid, mouths still need to be fed and bags still need to be bought.
And on this note, I leave you with the best of February 2010.
01. Burberry does it again with their Fall-Winter 2010 Womens Burberry Prorsum runway presentation that was not only ‘live’ streamed, but also viewed in 5 countries in 3D. And that’s not all, for a limited time period that has already ended, one could also purchase online a selection of 30 outerwear pieces and 18 bags, plus get them delivered to your home 3 months before they hit the stores. Cool? Indeed!
02. More from Burberry Prorsum, including the celebrities that graced the runway show, and the gorgeous close-up detail shots that made my knees weak. And yes, I’m still sore I missed it all in London but I promise to make it this September for S/S11.
03. The big 5 of Milan in my opinion for F/W10, comprising Bottega Veneta, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Gucci and Prada and their gorgeous runway offerings.
04. Bigger than big, the soon-to-be-released Louis Vuitton Cosmic Blossom collection. And already I’m eyeing the scarf. Another gorgeous addition to the Damier Ebene family in my opinion has got to be the Verona. In GM, MM, and PM.
05. February 2010 also marks the launch of the Kate Moss For Longchamp collection, a selection of pieces that you either love, or hate. Frankly after previewing the collection in its entirety at the new Longchamp boutique in Paragon, I’m not a fan. But that’s just me.
06. Chanel, Chanel, Chanel. Nuff said.
07. Besides the really expensive, I also cover the fun and affordable. Those that fall under the latter this month include the Kate Spade Bon Mot Bon Shopper, the Furla Flagship collection, the Marc Jacobs + Maripol collection, the Marc by Marc Jacobs Miss Marc collection (to be released in the coming month), and the one I’ll be personally watching, the Coach Pierre Le-Tan collection.
08. More ad campaigns from the major brands showcased as well; including Kate Moss For Longchamp, the much-talked about Malletier campaign from Louis Vuitton, as well as Miu Miu, Prada, and my personal fave; Lutz and Nakata for ck Calvin Klein.
09. After a long wait, both the Burberry Prorsum Vintage House Check Hobo and the Burberry Prorsum Vintage House Check Tote have arrived in Singapore. And readers Angelia and Janice promptly got themselves a hobo each. Well done gals!