Bagaholicboy Muses #171 – Sharply Suited

Truth be told, I’ve never had a chance to wear a suit. And a blazer doesn’t count. Being from a tropical country with mad heat and intolerable humidity doesn’t give most men here a chance to dress up like that. Except at weddings (more specifically at their own wedding), or if you’re part of the groom’s entourage. In other words, it’s just not something we do regularly enough in Singapore. No, I’m not talking about weddings, but about the opportunities here to actually wear a suit.

Still, I won’t let this stop me from wishing and hoping that one fine day soon I’ll get my very own suit (though honestly, I would have to be part of someone’s wedding entourage every other month just to justify the cost of getting one).

Fittingly, these gorgeous men were spotted on the red carpet of the Oscars all dressed up in the dapperest (is there such a word?) of suits. Gerard Butler for instance, came all sharp and handsome in Gucci.

Jake Gyllenhaal in Burberry. Cute!

And last but not least, Ryan Reynolds (a perennial favourite here by the way), looking swish in Tom Ford.

I really do want a suit of my own one day.

Images: Oscars

Comments

• Gigi says:

amen. being south east asian does have its down sides. glad i’m studying in vancouver. love the blog!

• freshmess says:

oooh i wanna see you in a suit! have one custom-tailored maybe?

• enzoHKG says:

i love the real bow ties, especially Gerard’s. the fact that it’s slightly askew after being tied adds a lot to the charm.

tom ford’s peaked lapels gives ryan reynolds a very old-world and gentlemanly air.

• cindy says:

get armani… u will look so spiff. and it’s more than just for weddings!

• Addy says:

Go for it BB. Men in suits are hot!

• Lala says:

you cannot say you are a grown man (esp older than 30) if you don’t even own a suit… it’s addictive!

• ling says:

wow… men in suit… am drooling. nice post u done here..

• yed says:

i share the same sentiment! haha. but i finally had one made for the wedding of my very good friend (oh you know him, lester!) two years ago. and i just love the cut, design and fit made by joey samson, a very good designer in the philippines.

you should have one made when the time comes. i have used it a couple of times thereafter but not all at the same time…