Bagaholicboy Muses #154 – Boyy Oh Boyy!

Before today I never knew this brand even existed but I’m sure glad I stumbled upon it. As it turns out Boyy (made up of designers Jesse Dorsey and Wannasiri Kongman) has already been in the market since 2006.

Each bag is constructed using naturally tanned and dyed nappa leather from Italy, braced and adorned with custom hardware and chains. So what’s their claim to fame you ask? Well, the Boyy Slash of course (3rd bag from top), their bestseller that employs 2 different types of leathers (or exotic skins) with prices ranging from USD595 to USD1100.

I’ve not seen the bags for real myself, so I can’t really attest to the actual quality and make, so if anyone out there owns one do leave a comment or two. Also, for those in Singapore, selected pieces are apparently available at On Pedder but I’ll have to verify this. Meanwhile check out the online site and tell me what you think.

Images: Boyy

Comments

• Oki says:

Wonderful buttery feeling I could rub my face against it all day. It can hold alot of things too.

• Addy says:

I pnly got to know this brand last year because my colleague was using the Frank in grey lambskin. It was lovely. Very roomy and buttery soft when seasoned and the bottom compartment can accomodate a pair of shoes! She shared that it’s very useful for overseas work assignments when you need to give your feet a rest after meetings and change to flats. Swoon…

• Lia says:

I own a Boyy Frank bag, which is a really well made leather bag, given that it only cost me $700+. The interior’s lined with this luxurious looking (somewhat satin-like) material, while the leather used on the exterior is buttery soft and the shiny gold hardware just makes the bag look even more expensive than it really is. An absolutely worthwhile purchase.

• Lu says:

Came across this page on a tag from Jesse’s FB. I recently purchased the Boyy Quincy bag for my lady for Christmas (she’s owned another Boyy bag). It’s an amazing bag; extremely durable, brilliantly constructed and detailed, and according to my lady..the best part is the labyrinth of pockets available (she carries quite a bit).

She previously wore LV bags, before her first Boyy bag. I don’t think she’ll go back anytime soon.

• Gotham says:

The $595 clutch version is embossed python leather. The limited Slash is $1100 as the upper envelope flap is python. Lovely simple bags, but overpriced for the amount of python, hence their tiny niche in the market.

• Berlin says:

Yes very nice photos indeed.

• kris says:

The bags are actually made in thailand and previous season’s bags were adored by Sarah Jessica Parker and also the Olsen twins…

• Jak and Jil captured this image of this bag on his blog

Last I heard, the bag can be found in On Pedder

• Daniel van Vliet says:

But the legging under the dress is weird (first picture)… haha sorry but thats me!

• theknees says:

the bags are nice but im more obsessed with the really hot looking pictures!