Bagaholicboy News #118 – Louis Vuitton And Naomi Campbell To Collaborate For Charity

For her latest charity initiative, supermodel Naomi Campbell had to pick one bag from the Spring-Summer 2010 Womens Louis Vuitton collection. And proving to be as astute as ever, she picked the one from the same range that I think will do best in retail sales, since a portion of proceeds from each bag sold will be given to the White Ribbon Alliance, an organisation dedicated to reducing maternal mortality worldwide.

Not yet named, the bag will tentatively retail for EUR1900 and be launched in March 2010, which coincides with the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day.

Image: Louis Vuitton

Comments

• mrslloyd says:

I have this handbag. Fell in love with it after seeing it in Stylist magazine when I was pregnant with my second child and commuting to Liverpool Street every morning. I had a baby gender bet with my hubby when on the operating table. I won! Got a lovely baby girl and the handbag… Naomi is her middle name.

Thanks again Anon!

• Anonymous says:

The Gypsy will also be launched in Monogram Canvas on later months of 2010 (~april); Monogram Stripes collection will also feature a Speedy and a the little Pocche featured on the Fashion Show.

Thanks for update Anon! Much appreciated! And if you have any other updates in the future do drop me an email as well.

• Anonymous says:

This bag is actually from the Monogram Stripes collection, the bags official name is the Gypsy and will tentatively come in 3 different colors: red, green, or gold stripes. I believe the estimated launch date will be around february-march 2010.Hope this helps…!

• Schnoober says:

Love the new bag and I especially love Naomi. This collaboration with Naomi and LV will be great for the White Ribbon Alliance. Back to the bag, I hope LV will do something similar for the upcoming men's show.

My thoughts exactly Mr Duck!

• deluxeduck says:

this Noe with handles will be very popular. i wouldn't be surprised if they make it permanent in regular Monogram canvas.