Gucci ‘New Jackie’ Collection

I caught a quick glance at these when I was at Gucci Paragon yesterday evening and made a quick mental note to check them out online once I got home. They do not disappoint, and in my opinion a pretty gorgeous collection from Gucci this season.

It’s called the Gucci ‘New Jackie’ collection, a fresh and modern interpretation of the original which become known as the ‘Jackie’ after Jacqueline Onassis was spotted using it way back in the 50s. This time round Frida Giannini (who else?) gives it new life by making it oversized in a wide variety of materials (including exotics) with colours that are daring and contemporary.

Worn across the body or over the shoulder, Gucci’s got a hit with this one even if the prices are a little on the high side. For example, an entry-level metallic leather version starts at USD2350, with prices going up to USD5990 for the one in python skin.

Images: Gucci

Comments

Yes CD, that's the one in metallic leather and 'changes' colour from angle to angle.

Oh yes you're right Mr Duck… it became her preferred accessory and thus became known as the Jackie… thanks again for pointing that out.

• carpe diem says:

I love the 3rd one! The size and the colour! Is it those types of materials that sorta change colour from different angles? If it is, I still love it, but if it isn't, I'll love it more~~~

• The Mike says:

they should come up with a version for the guys….I am sure it would sell well!

• deluxeduck says:

the original Jackie wasn't created for her. she was just always seen carrying the bag that people started to call it that during the 60's.

• carlz_elmstherson says:

i like-y the first bag so much!

I think the stint of green(whatever hue it is) makes the bag even more covet-able!

Fierce!

• Nashe^ says:

Pretty awesome, since many people I know have been bemoaning how boring and typical Gucci has become this past year.