Q: Dear Bagaholicboy, first let me say you’ve got a really awesome blog. I never fail to log in every morning just to see if you did any new posts. My question is this. I’ve seen this bag on other blogs and I really love it (see attached image), but you have not done a post on it before. I work in a corporate environment and often have meetings outside with clients. Do you think it’s suitable and fit a laptop as well? Also would you know the retail price and when it will be launched in Singapore?
A: Dear Kenneth, thanks for the email. I’m glad you enjoy my blog and it’s always good hearing feedback from you guys as well. Now on to your query. The bag in question is the Louis Vuitton Monogram Macassar Soft Briefcase, from the upcoming Fall-Winter 2009 Mens Louis Vuitton collection. As far as I can tell, it will work beautifully in any working environment, especially in a corporate setting with its classic good looks.
I do not have the exact size just yet, but going by the image I estimate it should be around 40 cm across. I also like the fact that you can either hand carry it or slung over your shoulder depending on your preference. The front flap in leather is also a nice touch, as are the handles which are also leather. The official retail price is also not known yet, but I hear it should be around the SGD2000 to SGD2500 range. The Monogram Macassar collection should be coming out as early as late July, but best check with Louis Vuitton for the exact launch date and price.
Image: Louis Vuitton
And other bits:
1. Sebastian, the tote you attached in your email from Burberry Black is stunning. Definitely get it!
2. Ray, I really don’t get it when your friends say that your Damier Graphite Tadao is ‘girly’. Honestly if the tote were any manlier you would be growing chest hair everytime you touched it.
3. Pam, between the 2, I would say one by Miu Miu which looks like it will fit A4 files much better.
4. Norlindah, the item you are looking for is the Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Credit Card Holder which comes with 7 clear plastic pockets for cards which I’ve also got myself. It’s pretty useful, especially when you like your cards to be clearly visible and easily accessible.
5. Sidney, from what I’ve heard it is true the Prada is discontinuing their agendas. If you are on a budget why not check out what Kate Spade has to offer, or if the sky’s the limit, both Bottega Veneta and Hermès have very nice ones as well.
6. Hazryzal, with your budget of SGD400 I would suggest that you check Jack Spade (within Kate Spade Raffles City Shopping Centre), Longchamp (the Le Pliage is great) and perhaps ck Calvin Klein, which should still be having their sale when you arrive next month.