Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas SC Bag

I had an encounter with the Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas SC Bag when I made a trip down to the boutique at Ngee Ann City on Sunday. My first thought? It was really small, sized somewhere between a Speedy35 and a Speedy40. Then I took a step back and looked at it again, making sure I took my time to take it all in. Yes it was small, but also very beautiful.

I’m one of those who appreciates details, and this bag had just the right touches. The long key bell with snap button closure. Lock with its own vachetta leather cover. Zippers which were also vachetta-covered. A shoulder strap that is both adjustable and removable, and comes with a shoulder pad for extra comfort. And on the inside, 2 long pockets, one that’s open, and the other that has a zip.

Then I tried it on. Yes it looked tiny, but I could get away with it if it was one of those ‘small’ days I often talked about. You know, days when you needed to bring next to nothing out. It looked even better hand-held. Shoulder-slung it looked okay on me, but only if I were suitably dressed down. It’s a casual day bag. It’s classy and well thought out. It’s definitely on my wish list now. I just need to scrounge up SGD3400 to bring it home. And yes, I am in love.

And in case anyone is heading to London, it is much cheaper (based on current exchange rates) over there where it costs only SGD2850 or so.

Image: Louis Vuitton

Comments

• Kevin and myMANybags says:

DD, dun forget you are still drooling and overdue on a balenciaga weekender…:-P

SO many things to buy and help save the economy!

Get it anyway Mr Duck!

• deluxeduck says:

i really want an SC bag. the red leather version would be a dream, but i also like the Monogram. if i didn’t buy a Graffiti Keepall, i’d most probably have this instead.

• Niz says:

Ouh. I must have overlooked that post. Thanx BB! 😀

Oh stop it Mark!

Niz, I don’t have much info on it, except that it should open either this month or the next.

• freshmess says:

I’m gonna sing Disturbia until you grab that bag. 🙂

• Niz says:

Btw, I’m excited to see a Pucci store opening up real soon at Ngee Ann City. Know any info about that?

• Niz says:

I’m so sad I failed to take notice of the bag while I’m in the same boutique, on Friday! Hahaha. It was too packed anyways. Hmmm… anywho, I believe, if U can carry the look then U should get the bag Hehe! 😉

Hi Sweeet, check out http://www.louisvuitton.com, click on France or Italy for prices in EUR. Or United Kingdom for prices in GBP.

• sweeet says:

Hi Bagaholicboy, I’m one of your fans who never fail to read ur blog first thing every morning, without which, life would just be dull and uninteresting, work, unmotivating.

I’m thinking of getting an lv bag, either the speedy or the neverfull mm on my upcoming trip to paris/italy but need to find out the cost of the bags in euro. Do you know which website I can go to to find out the information I need? I know about eluxury.com but thats for bags in the states right?

appreciate your help 🙂