Louis Vuitton Sofia Coppola Collection

Having first come across this on Mr Duck’s lovely blog, I was pleasantly surprised at how the Louis Vuitton Sofia Coppola Collection is so different from the Stephen Sprouse one. While Stephen is loud and in your face, I agree with Mr Duck that this on the other hand is typical Sofia, simple, practical with no gimmicks. The SC Bag (shown above, left) is based on the classic Keepall, and will come in suede (Grey), calfskin (Burgundy and Navy) and Monogram Canvas. She also designed evening bags and a simple pair of wedge peeptoe sandals in 2 colours, Silver and Gold.

The Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas SC Bag (shown above) is also cute, though some are already calling it ‘unnecessary, unimaginative and uninspiring’. A cross between a Speedy and a Keepall, this could replace my obsession with getting the Monogram Canvas Carryall, which I think looks very similar to, but with improved touches. I understand the shoulder strap is removable, the zips open all the way to the sides and I love the new lock and keybell features.

There is also no mention of the size of this bag, though just by comparing the Monogram patterns running across the length of the bag with the Carryall, I can safely say that the SC Bag will be slightly smaller.

This collection has already been released in Japan as of yesterday, with the rest of the world from March 2009 onwards. Anyone flying up to Tokyo soon?

Images: Louis Vuitton

Comments

• Anonymous says:

do you want to sell any of ya bags to me?

I am about 1.77 m on a good day which is why my Keepall45 suits me best. Anything smaller may look abit off.

• deluxeduck says:

just how tall are you? i can’t believe you find the Carryall small. i have one and its one of my bigger bags. and i wouldn’t exactly say im tiny either.

I guess you are right too, but for a guy like me, it could be tiny. For other guys whose build is slightly smaller this could be great.

Happy posting! Missed your ‘voice’ for a while.

• deluxeduck says:

i wouldn’t dismiss it as a “girls only” bag just yet. its a compact duffle with a long shoulder strap. it has the potential to work for us too.

btw, i can post comments again YAY!!!!

• Kevin and myMANybags says:

But the gals will love it. The design is so much more elehant and practical (with large zip opening). They should make one in a bigger size with longer shoulder strap for us, the boys!:-P

You are right on this. Already the Carryall (which I love) is kinda small for me which is why I never got it. And if the SC Bag is even smaller, well, I don’t I will either.

• Kevin and myMANybags says:

I think the monogram bag is too tiny for guys. But it looks simple and understated. Will be a hit.