If you are a great fan of Louis Vuitton but yet not heard of Excess Baggage or Deluxe Duck, than clearly you have been living under a rock all this while. Possessing one of the best Louis Vuitton mens’ collections anywhere in the world, Mr Duck (as I like to call him) maintains his own blog at LiveJournal and calls Australia home. He was also one of the few that inspired me to start this blog of mine in the first place.
Inspired by Style’s 10 Essentials column, I decided to do my own take, and naturally Mr Duck was my pick for the first of many more to come. What makes him tick, what does he love and what are his essentials? After many emails between us, here’s Mr Duck, in his own words…
10 Essentials: Deluxe Duck
1. Louis Vuitton bags and luggage – but of course! I think everyone should have at least a Keepall bandouliere. One of my current faves now is my Monocamouflage Treillis.
2. I think denim jackets are an essential item in everyone’s wardrobe. One black and one blue. I have this antiqued wash denim jacket by Helmut Lang that is quite indispensable to me all year round.
3. Cartier is my top pick for timepieces. I currently wear a two-tone Santos 100. Even though it seems very chunky and massive, its actually the most comfortable to wear.
4. I love Converse Jack Purcell sneakers. They’re just as comfortable, versatile and classic as Chuck Taylors. But not as pervasive.
5. For writing, I only use Montblanc. Everyone in my family does. They have the smoothest tips and they never leak. I use the same Meisterstück Platinum Le Grand ballpoint everyday for nearly ten years now.
6. Besides LV, I think everyone should have some art in their life and to make their life an art. Current faves are works by John Currin, Marcel Dzama and Walton Ford.
7. For my fellow myopics, I recommend Dita eyewear for their chunky retro frames. Embrace your inner geek.
8. As for music, my current favourite is Scott Matthew. His hauntingly beautiful vocals and introspective lyrics just moves me every time. My fave track is Abandoned.
9. My favourite denim jeans are Diesel Rumbums. They fit and suit me the best. I have 6 different pairs of the same model. Sadly they don’t make them anymore.
10. One of my all-time favourite authors is humorist David Sedaris. His works are absolutely brilliant and terribly funny. I love and share his twisted view of the world and his sense of irony.
Design & layout: Bagaholicboy