Q: Hi Bagaholicboy, I think I need to call on your good taste to recommend me an agenda/notebook that I intend as an Christmas gift for a 27 year old girl. I’ve narrowed it down to 3 from Louis Vuitton, the Monogram Vernis Small Ring Agenda Cover in Pomme d’Amour, the Damier Ebene PM Patch Agenda Cover and the Monogram Miroir Agenda Cover in either Silver or Gold.
I’m quite torn bwtween the selections I’ve listed above and would really appreciate help picking one. I also realise I have only looked at Louis Vuitton so far, but are you familiar with any other brands that carry this sort of agenda? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated as well, thanks and you’re the best!
A: Dear Ryan, your gift recipient is one lucky girl. I am not surprised all your choices are from Louis Vuitton, since they do have the most extensive selection of agendas in all sizes, colours and materials. My main concern is that you picked agendas in Monogram Vernis (SGD540) and Monogram Miroir (SGD640), which require the most care. Yes they are known to smudge or crack, but since then Louis Vuitton has taken some steps to rectify it. Care however is still needed, and one has to be more careful when using them.
This effectively leaves you just one option, the Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene PM Patch Agenda Cover, which is not bad as well. I do like that fact that it is a limited release, which also makes it more collectible. The gorgeous interior in Red is also stunning and the fact that it costs just SGD515 also means you will have enough left over to still bring her out for a nice X’mas meal.
Also check out the other agendas, including those in Epi (Grenade and Cassis are 2 new gorgeous colours), Suhali (oh so luxe) and Monogram Mini Lin (safe but a wee bit boring). Alternatively if you really want to splurge, check out those from Hermès as well. Expensive yes, but oh so lovely.
Image: Louis Vuitton
And other bits:
1. Indah, thanks for the email. Do let me ponder on what you suggested.
2. Lee, there are no hard or fast rules when matching bag charms to bags. As long as it matches, go for it! Personally I use my Gucci Guccioli Charm with my Keepall45 all the time too.
3. Fawzana, for the bag you are looking for do you have a budget? Let me know?
4. Dan, let me check it out for you and get back to you again. I am not sure if Agnès b. is carrying messengers for men at the moment.
5. Alexis, I say pass. It is not worth flying all the way to Beijing especially when what’s left is just the display piece. Chanel or otherwise.
6. Paul, the Balenciaga Giant Work is lovely. Do get it, and update me with pics when you do?
7. Sam, the prices for the Damier Ebene and Damier Azur Hampstead are the same, PM is SGD1590, while the MM is SGD1970. For the GM, it only comes in Damier Ebene and retails for SGD2230.