Miu Miu Coffer In Pewter

One of Olly’s holy grails is the Miu Miu Leather Coffer, which she has wanted one since the day she started buying designer bags, but looking for the one that’s just right is not easy. We actually spotted one in Hong Kong at a resellers’ shop but the feeling according to her was ‘just not right’.

And now Net-A-Porter has launched the same classic Coffer in Pewter with hardware in Silver, which also happens to be one of her favourite colour combinations. And with it costing just SGD1710 or so before shipping (but still much cheaper than in Singapore where it would retail for SGD2370), there is really no reason not to commit to one now. Personally this is one of my all-time favourite bags from Miu Miu, and I get excited everytime I spot one on the street.

Olly what are you waiting for?

Image: Net-A-Porter

Comments

Hey Ellez, well if she paid for it in USD it means she must be based in the Americas. Prices differ from zone to zone, depending on taxes and so on.

• Ellez says:

i just realised what u are talking about. someone i know just paid US1600 for the bag and found out that the very same bag is being sold for GBP700+! she is fuming mad! can u imagine paying so much more when its the same company? and not like its a nice fancy boutique that you can get the whole posh retail experience. anyways, she complained to the company and they just ignored her. so now she’s never buying stuff from them again..

Dear Ellez, at point of writing (14 November 2008) it was still available at Net-A-Porter for GBP760 (the UK site, which is where shoppers from Singapore will buy from).

And at the current exchange rates then, it would have cost around SGD1700 or so after conversion. Scroll up to read the older comments.

• Ellez says:

the price in net a porter is listed as 1500+ usd. how can i possibly cost sgd 1710 after conversion?

Browniemommy, drop me an email at [email protected] and let’s talk…

• browniemommy says:

Hi, I know I have only chanced upon your blog just NOW… but oh I love your commentary on all the ‘to-die-for’ bags! Especially this MIU MIU Coffer! I’ve been eyeing this forever … I’ve even got a picture of it pinned to my office cubicle partition!

One quick question.. the colour i really like is the one that looks like Latte Brown with Gold Brass bits. I read from your blog that they have different colours for different seasons…any idea when or where I could get my hands on the Coffer in my preferred colour?

Meanwhile, is it really ‘safe’ to purchase from online sites like net-a-porter?

Many many thanks for your advice!