Updated Again – Thomas Sabo Charm Club

I really love shopping at Thomas Sabo Charm Club! I posted in August that one of my charms fell apart, and it was promptly replaced with no questions asked. Then last week, my Bear Charm’s hook clasp fell off (probably due to me wringing my arms half the time) and I took it back to their boutique at Raffles City Shopping Centre today.

I was given a choice, either they give me a new one or I wait for my spoilt one to be repaired. Because the charm had sentimental value to me, I opted for the latter and decided to get it fixed. I was impressed (and in a jolly good mood), and decided to pamper myself by buying the Sailboat Charm as well. So besides my charm bracelet which I got in June, I now have a total of 4 charms. And Boo surprised me again and got his very own set as well, a rope leather charm bracelet and a Bear Charm.

Image: Thomas Sabo

Comments

• gabriel says:

omg! Am so cranky! My parents just gave me bracelet for my birthday, and one of three charms has just broken (less then a week in my posession). Wish i had read these reviews last year. Wouldn’t have bothered. So angry.

Am taking charm back tomorrow to australian dealer, wait to hear their reply. Will let you know.

Was this purchase done in Singapore or in Australia?

Also it would be great if you could email me your real name and address, so that I could help by emailing your complaint to the proper channel.

• Ex-loyal Sabo Customer says:

Hi All,

I have had the same negative experience dealing with Tomas Sabo. In one word – chatty, cheap adn ridiculous. The cost of the product does not meet the expectation of quality or benefit. I had recently purchased the crown charm holder for roughly $300AUD and had attached 6 charms include the medium sized Anchor. To my suprise the charm holder broke one evening and I lost all the charms on the holder. All up, after spending up to $900 on Tomas Sabo I end up with just a broken Charm holder worth $300. I have also purchased rings and bracelets from sabo for myself and friends all of which have fallen apart in a matter or weeks!! My advice? Tomas Sabo provides impressive pieces but is not worth the price for such dodgy craftmanship. I suggest Sabo start selling their items in gumball machines.. Avoid it like the plague.

Hey E, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Every country’s franchise deals with such issues differently, and I supposed if the Malaysians can’t help, than you should perhaps email Thomas Sabo directly.

• E says:

hi there,
    i’m from malaysia. i’ve purchased several charms from thomas sabo as a birthday gift to my friend. it was a total of 8 different charms altogether. when i bought the charms, i was even more drawn by the brand when the sales lady said it was lifetime warranty, that it can be replace anytime if the charms were broken. so i didn’t mind paying the hefty sum for it.

however, the charms started falling apart a few months later, clasp broken, parts of it fallen off, and whatnots. when we brought it to the shop, the lady told us that the lifetime policy has been discontinued. we emailed the MALAYSIAN HQ and gave them a piece of our mind, and also spoke to them on the phone. after much discussion, they gave in and “OFFERED” to fix it for free, when they suppose to do that in the first place.

actually, they are not even suppose to fix it but completely replace the charms with a new one which they did not want to do. i’m completely baffled by how different the malaysian HQ is compared to SG counterpart. i’m so at lost at the moment as another charm just broke. do i need to fight my way again to get it fix for free? should i file a complain to thomas sabo global?

Hey guys, thanks for your comments. The bracelets differ in price due to the thickness and material used, but Boo’s leather rope bracelet is SGD79.

Charms start from SGD39 (in the case of alphabet B), while the Bear Charm and the Sailboat Charm cost SGD59 each.

All in all, really quite affordable, and I love the idea that you can mix and match!

• justin says:

O-M-G those are really really really really nice charms!!!! 😀

Just wondering how much do they cost?

• Kevin says:

Good service goes a long way! Okay…now I have to check this store out:-) Shame on D&G. Hehe

• alfred says:

how much do these cost? as in how much for the braclet/necklace, and how much for a charm each?