Miu Miu Leather Coffer Bag

I have been reading lately about what were the ‘greatest’ bags ever made, or the most iconic bags of our time and so on. Everybody has their opinions, so the lists will always be different. If anyone asked me, I would not be able to pick 10 at one go (alot of thought will need to go into it), but one of them will definitely be the Miu Miu Leather Coffer Bag. Why? In my books, it is timeless, stylish and oh-so-chic. It is also very high on Olly’s wish list and posting about it here is not meant to taunt her, though she will tell you otherwise. The trick now is getting one you love at the right price.

A Coffer will cost around SGD2400 or so in Singapore, but getting the one in Black from Diabro (shown above) will only cost you around SGD1900. Net-A-Porter has one in Navy at around SGD1850. New colours are launched every season, so getting the shade you want also depends on whether it goes on sale eventually (a much better deal), timing and luck. Consider it a quest and one that is very fulfilling if you eventually get what you want.

Image: Diabro

Comments

Congrats on your new Coffer! You must be thrilled! As for caring for your bag, best you check with Miu Miu as they should know best.

Otherwise, ladies who own the Coffer, any advice for Mintz?

• mintz_ says:

I finally bought this bag from the outlet as they called up saying that Im on the next in the waiting list. hee. Actually I almost wanted to purchase from Diabro but decided to just get it when I went to the shop to check the actual one.

I love it alot but I do have a question, how should I take care of it as I am afraid of getting scratches onto it since the leather feels rather soft and this is my first branded bag. hee. please advice.

• Serenade says:

I totally agree with you that the Coffer is one of the most iconic bags ever made. I love mine to death and hope to acquire more to add to my collection! 🙂

I am pretty sure both Net-A-Porter and Diabro are reputable.

• mintz_ says:

but is it safe to buy from those link? The price makes it so tempting.

Hi Cookiemummum, I googled it for you, and apparently it is between 1 to 1.3 kg.

• cookiemummum says:

Hi

I love this bag! But any idea how heavy does this coffer bag weigh, as opposed to LV Palermo PM?