It’s time for another round-up of the month’s best posts, which is always useful in case you happen to miss out on anything during the past 31 days. For the month of March I’m happy to report that there are many postings on S/S12 bags for the ladies, from clutches to sling bags and just about everything else in-between. Enjoy.
01. The single biggest thing to happen to me in the month of March was flying to Shanghai and witnessing first-hand the spectacular that was Trafalgar. Alfred Dunhill’s first showing of their F/W12 collection happened in China, and besides offering up a stylish wardrobe for the modern man, the technology used to convey its message was awesome. Read all about it here.
02. I’m very thankful for the 18 pages I’ve worked on for the April 2012 issue of Female Singapore, where it’s page after page of bags, bags and more bags. And if you’re in Singapore and bought a copy from the newsstands, don’t forget to take part in the Candy giveaway where I’m giving away 3 of these Furla beauties priced at SGD480 each.
03. Meet the very expensive (and very desirable) piece of high jewellery that’s also a bag (well, sort of) from French house Hermès (shown above), which is expected to retail for 1.5 millon euros.
04. With S/S12 in full swing, check out all my favourite picks this month including the Burberry Prorsum Herringbone Woven Rattan Clutch, the bigger Burberry Prorsum Raffia Whipstitch Hobo, the luscious PS1 in exotic python from Proenza Schouler, an update on the 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour collection and check out the new Furla Shoulder Candy.
05. More bags to check out include the Alma MM in new Epi colours from Louis Vuitton, the tri-coloured Givenchy Antigona, the Loewe Oro Lars, the Louis Vuitton Epi Electric Sévigné and the Mulberry Cookie Mini Bag that’s such a little darling. And no, I’m not nearly done yet. Also have a look at the Amazona in coral and magenta, as well as the Miu Miu Velvet And Lizard Clutch.
06. Looking specifically for a clutch/pouch? Besides the ones featured above and below in the post, featured this month on the blog include those by Alexander Wang, the Charlotte Olympia Suede Shell Clutch, leather pouches from Victoria Beckham, as well as the Proenza Schouler PS1 Small Zip Case.
07. From everybody’s favourite French luxury house we’ve got the Chanel Ivory Shell Clutch, the stunning python-embossed velvet clutch, as well as the new season Boy bags and the ad campaign that stars model Alice Dellal. Last but not least, send your loved ones 140 characters of sweet nothings courtesy of Chanel’s Love Letters.
08. And now for the boys. Guys, check out the Valextra Premier Cross-Grained Leather Briefcase, the
walking handle cane from Alexander McQueen, the Jack Spade Sign Leather Bill Holder, as well as these gorgeous brogues and loafers from the S/S12 Church’s collection.
09. This month I covered some bags that have not been released yet but worth a bookmark (or two) if you’re keen on checking them out later on. They include the Louis Vuitton Epi Eden, the unisex Coach + James Nares collection, along with the Orchidéal and Le Pliage Cuir bags from Longchamp.
10. A couple more things you could have a look at include the S/S12 line-up of ladies’ shoes from Church’s, the Alexander McQueen Skull Charm Bracelet, the LifeProof iPhone4 Case, and the collectible Groom Key Holder from Louis Vuitton.
One more thing before I go. I’ve been doing Bagaholicboy Reminisces once a month for 38 months now, and I want to know if you guys find it useful or should I just scrap it completely. Or perhaps how I could improve on it.
Leave your comment here in this post and as a thank-you for your time, I’ll randomly pick 3 of you to win a bottle of either April, May or June Le Vernis nail polish from Chanel each.
Image: Dan Tobin Smith, Hermès