I’m usually not this tardy when it comes to Bagaholicboy Reminisces, but given the fact that I was in Paris smack in the middle of PFW as the months passed from September into October, surely I could be forgiven.
Without further ado, here are some highlights for the month of September. In other words, time to catch up what you could possibly have missed.
01. Huge openings were the highlight for all in Singapore during the month, the first being high street fashion giant H&M’s opening along Orchard Road, followed by the world’s first Louis Vuitton Island Maison, located right in front of Marina Bay Sands.
02. Other interesting happenings included the Hermès Festival des Métiers, as well as the Gucci Artisan Corner, both of which presented esteemed craftsmen specially flown in from their respective countries of origin, giving Singaporeans an up-close and personal look at how their much-loved designer goods are painstakingly put together.
03. As far as bags for the ladies are concerned, the month’s highlights included the bags and clutches from F/W11 Jil Sander, the LeSportsac + Joyrich collection, the limited edition pieces from the Loewe + Katie Hillier collection, the Victoria Beckham Victoria, as well as the Tom Ford Carine, which I spotted at Colette while in Paris.
04. New releases from Mulberry this month included the Quilted Alexa that most of you didn’t like, as well as the Mulberry Heritage Bayswater Satchel that drew mixed responses. Hey, I tell it like it is.
05. Boys, you needn’t feel left out either. Picks for you this month include the Gucci Bamboo Leather Holdall, the Gucci Diamante Nylon Shoulder Bag (ok, maybe not) and the 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Bag. And if you’re looking for really colourful name card cases, why not check out these from Jil Sander as well?
07. A fan of Burberry? Check out their new fragrance Body starring Rosie Huntington Whitely, as well as the Burberry Nude collection, the September instalment of their ad campaign, and my favourite bag from their upcoming S/S12 collection, the Burberry Prorsum Raffia Whipstitch Hobo.
08. I can’t wait for November to roll by, especially since I’m eagerly awaiting the release of the new Louis Vuitton Monogram Rayure Neverfull which will come in sizes MM, GM and a new size, the TGM. And trust me, it is huge. Also, check out more pieces from the Louis Vuitton Illustration collection, as well as the perforated bags from their upcoming Cruise 2012 collection.
09. Ever wondered how much the bags featured in F/W11 ad campaigns cost? Check out this post for 5 different bags worth checking out this season.
10. Last but not least, my quest to fill my X’mas tree with miniature bags continues, and with these new finds, I think I’m almost there. Meet the adorable Miu Miu FNO Miniatures collection, as well as the sequin pouch from Dolce & Gabbana.