Is it October already? September 2010 went by in a blur for me, and the single best moment I’ve had this month was flying all the way to London just to catch the Spring-Summer 2010 Womens Mulberry presentation which was held at Claridge’s, had my front row moment and flew back to Singapore faster than you can say Alexa ten times.
London and Milan also showed their S/S11 collections on the runways while in Singapore we had the Singapore Grand Prix. Single best party of the lot? Red In My Head Redux organised by Rightclicka. In a word, awesome.
01. Mulberry, Mulberry, Mulberry. Click here to check out my short report on their S/S11 collection, and here for more snapshots. On the bag front, expect great things from the new S/S11 Tillie, as well as more gorgeous bags here, and here.
02. Still on the subject of Mulberry, check out their collaboration with Bayswater to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Peanuts. Pricey yes, but it is strictly limited edition and so adorable don’t you think?
03. My personal pick for the best bags in Milan has got to be Fendi’s S/S11 collection. Dazzling colours, interesting shapes. Need I say more? Following closely behind are those by Bottega Veneta, Gucci and Prada, but for different reasons.
04. Then there was S/S11 Burberry Prorsum, which needs to really grow on you, if you even give it a chance to begin with. There will be fans, but it simply isn’t something that’s suitable for everyone.
05. Chanel officially opened at Marina Bay Sands, and like many other brands they specially brought in exclusives to commemorate the occasion. From the Classic Flap in 2 different shades of red, to the ones in exotic alligator that are retailing for SGD49,800 each, all of which are totally lust worthy if you ask me. And let’s not forget Fashion Night Out‘s Les Khakis de Chanel that was launched in Singapore before anyone else.
06. Speaking of other brands, the Gucci 1979 Small Shoulder Bag (SGD1210) in 5 exclusive colours, another hot limited edition offered, while Miu Miu rolled out the Miu Miu Bow (SGD2260) in 9 summery shades.
07. From Louis Vuitton, check out their new bag charms and key rings, the slightly pedestrian Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Wilshire GM, the gorgeously subtle Louis Vuitton SC Bag, and last but but not least, the expensive but desirable Louis Vuitton Monogram Revelation Keepall45.
08. For the boys, check out the Freitag F23 iPad Sleeve, the Marc by Marc Jacobs Camo Shopper, the Mulberry Tristan Envelope, and of course these discounted goodies from Jack Spade.
09. I don’t really need any more luggage pieces, but the new Vintage Case collection from Rimowa is making my resolve weak. How does one say no to such a stylish ensemble?
10. Icons and icons in the making, don’t forget to take another look at September’s most stunning, include Loewe’s Papelle, the Givenchy Nightingale in a wide array of colours, and the Reed Krakoff Boxer II Alligator Tote.