Spring-Summer 2010 Womens Miu Miu

Another post on the Coffer? Yes guys, but I can’t resist myself when it comes to this iconic piece from Miu Miu, which also happens to be one of my top 10 all-time favourites. From the Spring-Summer 2010 Womens Miu Miu collection comes the Coffer in two distinct colours, Dusty Pink (shown above in Large), and what looks to be very light greenish-blue in Medium (shown below).

For those not in the know, the Miu Miu Coffer also comes in the form a bag charm, the most darling reinterpretation of an iconic bag in miniature. If memory serves me correctly, these go for SGD420 a pop in Singapore, and the flap actually opens up with enough space for a whole stick of lip gloss. Thing is, they could be sold out by now as they’re also pretty hot collectors’ items.

From the runway comes these satin clutch wallets that are divinely smooth and soft to the touch. Retailing for SGD690 a pop, the only downside is that fact they’re extremely flat, with enough space for the bare minimum. Still there are days when it’s never about functionality, but how pretty it is. Designs include the one with daisies (not exactly hot favourite of mine), and the one with pink swallows (shown below).

My personal favourite? The one with blue pussies.

In fact, I love pussies so much (yes, I’ve got a cat myself at home) that I almost picked up the cat brooch last month when I spotted it at Miu Miu Paragon. Suffice to say, it is probably sold out by now but that’s not going to stop me from dropping by again this weekend. One can hope, can’t he?

Images: Miu Miu

• Caren JD says:

The coffer supposed to be made of calfskin or lambskin? Different sellers state different materials; I’m so confused!

• Prisca says:

I just came back from London and Paris. I bought the coffer in light blue, nappa, large at €1100. I bought it so quickly and hardly time to think. Didn’t see the pink one. Sigh!

Also there was a 30% off at harrods. Got the vitello black at discount. Coffer in calf ski. Also had 30% off. Should have just bought one. It’s really worth it!

• Dawn says:

Hey where in Paris did you get the bag? My brother is going next week, wanna pass him my shopping list! Anyone knows how much cheaper it will cost in Paris?

• samantha says:

hihi, my friend told me taiwan’s miu miu is cheaper? any idea how much cheaper? wanna a coffer bag!

• amolikha says:

Where is the warehouse of Prada and miu Miu in Hk? Will be going soon..

• Poof! says:

Hi Bagaholicboy, like you, I absolutely adore the coffer. The colours for this season are lovely, but I have my heart with the mughetto lambskin from the previous season. Any idea where i can still get that? Btw, was at the paragon store the other day and the sales assistant has absolutely no idea that there are 3 sizes of coffer and the store seems to only have 2 sizes. How strange is that?

It is not strange dear… the 3rd size (or the smallest) is usually not brought into Singapore as it is considered too small by Singaporeans who prefer to go for the Large and Medium ones instead.

• gidania says:

ohhh! I love the swallow print! Thanks for sharing! Must get it this weekend!

• Verena says:

I love the coffer so much!! I’d just take one in every color if my wallet agreed!

• Claire says:

That bag charm is adorable! Well.. I don’t know if it’s appropriate but did BB spy any adorable small bags (like the MBMJ Petal to Metal Pouchette) on his shopping rounds?