Rimowa Classic Flight Trolley

January 10, 2010

I’ve been looking (on and off) for a new piece of luggage since I came back from Europe last September. It had to be hard (insert joke here), had to be a classic-looking and most importantly, affordable. I did like the Tumi Townhouse collection but I felt it was too ‘fragile’ since it is covered in linen after all.

Then on Tuesday I met up with one of the boys from the BBBC in Singapore, and what was supposed to be a quick transaction turned into a 4 hour conversation. We talked about various brands we liked, talked in great length about Louis Vuitton, and reaffirmed our love for all things Goyard, agreeing there was no other brand in the market today that matched its exclusivity and legacy. And as I was about to leave, I spotted his luggage; the Rimowa Classic Flight Trolley.

Big and hard (insert another joke here), I loved the fact that it was lightweight (when empty of course) and made of aluminum. I’m pretty sure it will suffer nicks and dents, but I really don’t mind since it will just add on to its character. Available in 3 different sizes, the ones I’m eyeing in sizes Small (67.5 cm by 47 cm) and Medium (74.5 cm by 52 cm) retail for SGD924 and SGD979 respectively.

In Singapore, Rimowa stores are located at Mandarin Gallery and Millenia Walk, as well as in Takashimaya Department Store and Isetan Scotts.

Image: Rimowa

Rimowa Trunks And Luggage

Comments

• Addy says:

Hmm I was just thinking of getting a new luggage but soft casing for my Seattle trip in May. I’ve a hard one but it’s a tad heavy. I want something light for all the thicker clothing I’m bringing. Samsonite has a couple I heard is reasonably priced and durable… looking for something around $300.

• Glenn says:

I saw this yesterday at my local Rimowa shop here in Manila, and it is much pricier over here. I love your prices there in SG!

• theknees says:

you should totally get one! i love their trolleys! it is so light and sleek. my dad has one and my boyfriend has one too.

• PittDoc says:

Very happy with my Rimowa CF, identical to the pic above. Use it for 7-day overseas trips — can pack it tight w/ clothes and b/c it’s hard sided it never violates carry-on restrictions. After >200K miles (carry-on and plane-side checked) it has only surface scratches. Fits all mainline overhead bins (RJ 175 and larger). I bought mine from a German website, where the price was MUCH lower even with shipping and duty charges.

• teemu says:

I just bought my Rimowa Classic Jumbo Trunk (aluminium) this Monday from the Millenia Walk store. The suitcase is fabulous. I can’t wait to get the first scratches!

• raymond says:

Hello BB, was wondering if you know how big L size is and also how much? Thanks!